The PhD PI3K project will be addressing the following research topics:
- Biochemical and biological insight in PI3K family members.
- Physiological functions of PI3K isoforms.
- Class II and III PI3Ks in cancer.
- Class II PI3Ks in neurodegenerative processes.
- Function of class III PI3Ks in immune responses.
- Myotubularin family of phosphatases and associated neuromuscular diseases and link with PI3K isoforms.
- Preclinical studies with class I PI3K inhibitors.
- Development of new software to quantify immunofluorescence images.
- Screening of novel drugs to target PI3K isoforms.